Just last night I was talking to my mother-in-law about New Year’s Eve 2010 when Andrew and I spilled the beans we were expecting. Nobody knew we were “trying” so it came as a complete surprise to our friends and family. Needless to say, we started 2011 knowing things would be a bit different, but I can guarantee we didn’t anticipate some of the changes!
Major changes in the past year:
* having a baby
* trading in my much-loved BMW X3 for a CRV
* Andrew getting a job in Charlotte
* leaving my job and Columbia
* trying to buy a house (short sales suck)
* moving to York, SC (aka middle of nowhere)
* moving in with my in-laws
When people mention New Year’s resolutions the thing that crosses my mind is something along these lines: Take care of my little family. Love them and keep us all happy and healthy, and everything else will work out. With so many things in our lives changing my goal is to stay calm and go-with-the-flow. That last phrase isn’t generally my attitude, so it is going to be a challenge. I like to be in complete control at all times.