Here are a few random snippets of happenings in my life:
1. Going into an ABC store with Hudson in the sling. I had to purchase 2 mini bottles of bourbon for a recipe and I felt like such a horrible mother! However the sales guy wasn’t phased and said the week before he had a lady come in who had given birth 3 days earlier. Wow.
2. Living with most of your belongings in a storage unit is a bit challenging. For example, I am obsessed with my electronic toothbrush and shortly after moving from Columbia, I realized the charger had been packed away in the madness. I knew exactly what box it was in, but WHERE was the question! To make a long story short, I ripped apart the wonderful packaging of at least 10 boxes and as I was shutting the door I looked and there was the box very clearly labeled “BATHROOM”. I was so stinkin’ excited!
3. During my destruction of the storage unit I found all my jeans from before baby. I decided to grab them and just see if they fit. While I was in VA I went shopping for a pair of khakis and discovered I was back to my pre baby size, so I took the hamper home and the next morning I cautiously tried on my absolute favorite pair of Seven For All Mankind jeans. THEY FIT! I love love love them and I am equally as excited to have more pants to wear! As soon as we move/get organized I’ll pack away my “after baby” jeans into a box with maternity clothes.
4. With all the time on my hands (well, time with Hudson) and beautiful weather, I decided to go walking last week. I’ve never been one for exercise, but it was great to get out of the house and get some fresh air. About 45 minutes later I felt like I’d accomplished something with my day! Since Hudson fell asleep I got to catch up on some phone calls and listen to Pandora on my phone. It was almost like finding time to myself! The whole time I just kept thinking how cute I must look with my adorable baby, awesome stroller, and AMAZING Seven jeans that fit again!
5. I started cloth diapering Hudson officially and I’m using them about 95% of the time. I’ll devote an entire post to them soon!
6. The house hunt continues. Some exciting things are in the works and I don’t want to jinx it, so I’m going to wait to tell until all the paperwork is signed!